Poster Project


This poster assignment was difficult for me creativity wise because I wasn't sure what message I wanted to portray for the assignment. I had an image (shown below) that I had taken at the beach with a cloudy, moody background and a freckled sandy face. I wanted to play on the idea of a beach and happy vibe with the seriousness of my face. My dad has called me his sunshine since I was a baby and it has stuck with me up into my adulthood. I think about it all the time and whenever I'm having a down day I think about how my dad sees me as his sunshine and it immediately lifts me up. I think that everyone should have a sunshine in their life, and tell them that. The color pallet I chose originally was monochromatic with a dusty yellow. I wanted to try a different look to the poster to see what I would like better. The second color pallet I choose was Triad. I wanted to add some blue shades to get the beach vibe in the image as well as keeping the dusty yellow color. I personally like the look of the original (shown on right) better because of the placement of the words and the way the color pallet worked out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black and White to Color Project

Calligram Selfie Project

Multiplicity Project